Membership to the Minnesota Statewide Association of Activity Professionals is open to individuals who work in activity, leisure and recreation programs for the elderly population. Current members come from a variety of settings such as Long-Term Care, Assisted Living, Adult Day Programs, Group Homes, Memory Care and Retirement Communities. Membership in MNSWAP has also included administrators, nurses and social service coordinators.
MN SWAP membership year runs January to December and is $25 per person. To become a member, simply complete the membership application and mail to the membership contact person listed above.
MN SWAP Membership Benefits;
- Reduced conference rates for the fall conference
- Reduced rates for the spring workshop
- Eligibility to run for MNSWAP Board
- Voting rights for MN SWAP Board candidates running for office
- Eligibility to apply for the Heidi Sibben Scholarship Fund
- Representation in state and national issues that affect the activity profession and aging services
- First-hand information and insight to regulatory issues changes affecting the activity profession and services
- Representation at national activity organizations
- Top quality workshop and educational opportunities
- Opportunities to network with Minnesota’s finest activity professionals